Description: Using a mix of theory, real-life experiences, and hands-on application, this course teaches practical tools to design and lead effective meetings that are productive rather than frustrating. These tools transform boring meetings into energizing events focused on priority topics that move vital projects forward, create full participation that utilities the expertise of everyone in the room, and maximizes input, decision making, and commitment. The diversity in the group becomes one of its greatest assets.
This course has four modules:
1. Creating participatory meetings: participation at its best, levels of involvement in decision making and facilitating brainstorming.
2. Planning agenda items: agenda design and creating facilitation plans to address each agenda item.
3. Designing meetings and events: keys to healthy communication, preparing for meetings and creating meeting designs.
4. Facilitating meetings: stages of the group’s journey, social styles, the facilitator’s role, dealing with difficult situations.
- Learn 74 meeting tools and techniques.
- Create a participatory environment.
- Learn the S.T.E.P.S. to a better meeting: space, time, eventfulness, products and style
- Gain confidence as a facilitative leader.
Agenda – Day 1
Participation and Involvement
- Great meetings
- Participation at it’s best
- Levels of involvement in decision making
- Facilitating brainstorming
- Elements of dialogue
- Asking questions
- Planning for agenda items in meetings
- Creating facilitation plans for agenda items
Agenda – Day 2
Designing Meetings and Events
- Keys to healthy communication
- Preparing for meetings
- Creating meeting designs
- Meeting planning
- Stages in a group’s journey
- Facilitator’s role
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Personal action planning
- Transform meetings to energizing events people want to attend because they get vital information and participate in important discussions.
- Move vital projects forward.
- Maximize input, decision making and commitment.
- Create good products, high commitment and immediate action.
- Participants become clear on the tasks, and leave committed to results and action.
Who Should Take This Course:
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Those beginning their facilitation journey
- Those who lead or attend many meetings
- Organizational leaders and managers responsible for strategic and operational planning
- Project managers responsible for organizational operations and project action campaigns
- Local, state and federal leaders responsible for program development, project implementation, and policy formation.
Options for Workshops: Public Workshops or Customized In House Workshops for 10 or more.
Length of Workshop: 2 days 8:30am – 5:00 pm
This course has been endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators (IAF) as part of the Professional Facilitator Program to lead you to become a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF). MTW alone covers many of the competencies required by the IAF.
|Personal Action Planning On-Demand - 24 hours - 7 days week||
|Facilitating Group Participation - Blended Learning 7 week program||Online Via Canvas||
|Facilitation Coaching and Peer Support - FREE||Online Meeting||