Note: During the COVID-19 recovery phase, if your organization would like to host an in-house course for 9 participants, please contact me.
ToP Strategic Planning – 2 day workshop*
The ToP Strategic Planning Process builds on the learning from the ToP Facilitation Methods course (a prerequisite). It demonstrates how to weave the basic ToP methods into an integrated approach to strategic planning. The resulting plan is realistic, achievable, and easy to monitor.
The five steps of the ToP Strategic Planning process are: Preparation and Design; Practical Vision; Underlying Contradictions; Strategic Directions; and Focused Implementation. Skilled trainers demonstrate each step of the ToP Strategic Planning process and clarify the rationale behind each step, providing examples from their own facilitation experience. Participants practice the methods during the course.
- Align organization members around common goals and strategies
- Identify well-focused actions that lead to big breakthroughs
- Enable a group to come to a common vision and own the resulting plan
- Weave together the basic tools to address complex meeting requirements
Agenda – Day 1 – AM
- Course Overview and Instructions
- Practical Vision Workshop Demonstration
- Practical Vision Workshop Walk-Through
- Morning Reflection
Agenda – Day 1 – PM
- Participant Led Exercise
- Underlying Obstacles Workshop Demonstration
- Underlying Obstacles Workshop Walk-Through
- Day 1 Closing Reflection
Agenda – Day 2 – AM
- Day 2 Prep and Overview
- Participant Led Focused Conversation Crafting Strategy
- Strategic Directions Demonstration
- Strategic Directions Walkthrough
Agenda – Day 2 – PM
- Participant Led Demonstration of Strategic Directions
- Focused Implementation Workshop Demonstration
- Focused Implementation Workshop Walk Through
- Personal Applications
- Closing Reflection
* Pre-requisite class ToP Facilitation Methods
ToP® Strategic Planning courses are eligible for continuing education credit by National Commission for Health Education Certification (13.5 CECH) and American Institute for Certified Planners (14.5 CM).