NOTE: During the recovery of COVID-19, if your organization would like to host an in-house socially distanced training or line training please contact me for details.
Description: Demonstrates proven ways to achieve group participation including effective conversations, gaining consensus and motivating action. Teaches the three ToP Facilitation Methodologies that are the basis for all other ToP Courses.
1. The ToP® Focused Conversation: provides a context for meaningful communication. It is used to facilitate group discussions, which allow members to share diverse perspectives in a productive and non-confrontational way.
2. The ToP® Consensus Workshop: facilitates group consensus-based decisions that respect the diversity of perspectives within the group inspire individual action and move the group toward joint resolve and action.
3. The ToP® Action Planning Process: is used to plan an event or project. This process clarifies and delineates the task and aligns the creativity, capabilities, interests, and resources of the group. The group decides necessary actions, roles, and responsibilities. The process builds trust, support enthusiasm, and consensus.
- Learn a structured process to lead a meaningful exchange of ideas and make crucial decisions together.
- Learn proven methods to shape and ask questions that stimulate candid feedback and discussion.
- Obtain a framework for any group process, from a small workshop to a multi-day conference.
- Obtain problem-solving techniques to bring many diverse ideas into a consensus.
- Develop action plans and strategies in a fraction of the time needed by traditional methods.
- See the three methods demonstrated.
- Volunteers receive coaching in applying the methodologies through hands-on practice.
- Engage and motivate groups for action.
- Save time and money with increased productivity.
- Increase confidence in facilitating team meetings.
- Heighten effectiveness in leading team communications and input sessions.
- Gain higher engagement, motivation and greater results from teams or community groups.
Agenda – Day 1 – AM
- Introductions/Overview on Facilitative Leadership
- Introduction of the Focused Conversation
- Demonstration of the Focused Conversation
- Walk-through/Theory of the Focused Conversation
- Preparation of the Focused Conversation Practice
Agenda – Day 1 – PM
- Practice of the Focused Conversation
- Introduction of the Consensus Workshop
- Demonstration of the Consensus Workshop
- Walk-through of the Consensus Workshop
- Application of the Consensus Workshop
Agenda – Day 2 – AM
- Review of the Methods and Applications
- Introduction of the Action Planning Method
- Demonstration of the Action Planning Method
- Walk-through of the Action Planning Method
Agenda – Day 2 – PM
- Applications of the Action Planning Method
- Preparation of the Consensus Workshop Practice
- Small Group Practices with DeBrief
- Applications of Methods in real situations
Who Should Take This Course:
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Those beginning their facilitation journey
- Those who lead or attend many meetings
- Organizational leaders and managers responsible for strategic and operational planning
- Project managers responsible for organizational operations and project action campaigns
- Local, state and federal leaders responsible for program development, project implementation, and policy formation.
Length of Workshop: 2 days 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Course Length: Two days
Qualifies for CHES and MCHES Credits.
Qualifies for 14.5 CAE credits
Qualifies for 14.5 CM – Certified Planning Credits – American Planning Association
- August 10, 12,17,19th 10am - 3pm est
August 10, 2021 - August 19, 2021
- Indian RIver State College
August 31, 2021 - September 1, 2021
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Indian River State College