Meetings that Work
Download Course Brochure and Agenda
Design and facilitate effective meetings
In today’s world of truncated timelines, increased workloads and demands for workplace democracy, we need group decisions made quickly, positively and with diminished frustration. We also need to ensure that meetings are effective, efficient and highly productive. This course is designed for the person who needs tools to enhance participation and productivity in various types of meetings.
• Move a group toward consensus.
• Diminish frustration in your meetings.
• Get better results from your meetings.
• Get people more involved.
• Enable people to become more productive
Learn how to:
• Increase the productivity of the group.
• Focus the purpose and intent of large and small meetings.
• Aid the group in its decision-making processes.
• Handle difficult situations in groups.
• Match process tools to each group's needs.
• Design effective agendas.
• Create participatory environments.
• Develop a sense of teamwork among team members.
This course includes descriptions, with references, of 72 facilitation tools and methods used by professional facilitators. You will learn how to design effective agenda items, meetings and facilitated events. Practice is an important component in this course.
Who Should Take This Course?
Meeting coordinators, supervisors, managers, inexperienced facilitators, Executive Directors, board members, team leaders, consultants, community leaders, teachers, health practitioners.
This course is part of the Professional Facilitator Program offered by ICA Associates, Inc.
Links to Certificates and Certification
Meetings That Work is a core course and is needed for:
• Professional Facilitator Program (PFP)
Workshop Agenda - Two Day Workshop
Participating in Meetings.
- Keys to effective meetings
- Nature of dialogue
- Ladder of involvement
- Healthy communication
- STEPS for effective meeting
- Meeting design
Planning Agenda Items
- Agenda design
- Detailed processes
- Tools and techniques
- Stages of the journey
- Social styles
- Dealing with difficult people and situations
How is this course different from other ToP courses?
· This course is for the person who coordinates and leads meetings, and wants to know how the professionals do it.
· This course is for meeting coordinators who want to know how to make meetings that stay on track, get results in the meeting, and have effective follow-up built in to the design.
Questions? Call or text Laurie at 815-970-2145
Closest Hotel: LaQuinta Inn and Suites, 10821 Carribean Blvd., Cutler Bay, Fl 33189
Airports: Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, FL
(90 minute drive from the beautiful Florida Keys or 15 minutes from South Beach)