Meetings that Work
Design and facilitate effective meetings
In today’s world of truncated timelines, increased workloads and demands for workplace democracy, we need group decisions made quickly, positively and with diminished frustration. We also need to ensure that meetings are effective, efficient and highly productive. This course is designed for the person who needs tools to enhance participation and productivity in various types of meetings.
• Move a group toward consensus.
• Diminish frustration in your meetings.
• Get better results from your meetings.
• Get people more involved.
Enable people to become more productive
Learn how to:
• Increase the productivity of the group.
• Focus the purpose and intent of large and small meetings.
• Aid the group in its decision-making processes.
• Handle difficult situations in groups.
• Match process tools to each group's needs.
• Design effective agendas.
• Create participatory environments.
• Develop a sense of teamwork among team members.
This course includes descriptions, with references, of 72 facilitation tools and methods used by professional facilitators. You will learn how to design effective agenda items, meetings and facilitated events. Practice is an important component in this course.
Who Should Take This Course?
Meeting coordinators, supervisors, managers, inexperienced facilitators, Executive Directors, board members, team leaders, consultants, community leaders, teachers, health practitioners.
Links to Certificates and Certification
Meetings That Work is a core course and is needed for:
• Professional Facilitator Program (PFP)
The Daily Structure
Session One: Participating in Meetings.
- Keys to effective meetings
- Nature of dialogue
- Ladder of involvement
Session Three: Designing Meetings
- Healthy communication
- STEPS for effective meeting
- Meeting design
Session Two: Planning Agenda Items
- Agenda design
- Detailed processes
- Tools and techniques
Session Four: Facilitating Meetings
- Stages of the journey
- Social styles
- Challenging situations
How is this course different from other ToP courses?
· This course is for the person who coordinates and leads meetings, and wants to know how the professionals do it.
· This course is for meeting coordinators who want to know how to make meetings that stay on track, get results in the meeting, and have effective follow-up built in to the design.
This course is by invitation only from the Florida Dept. of Health.
Register to attend LINK
Questions? Call or text Laurie at 815-970-2145
Hotels closest to the training site are:
Double Tree by Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
5780 Major Blvd. , Orlando, FL 32819
Hampton Inn - Closest to Universal
5621 Windhover Drive
Orlando, Fl 32819