Meetings that Work
Description: Using a mix of theory, real-life experiences, and hands-on application, this course teaches practical tools to design and lead effective meetings that are productive rather than frustrating. These tools transform boring meetings into energizing events focused on priority topics that move vital projects forward, create full participation that utilities the expertise of everyone in the room, and maximizes input, decision making, and commitment. The diversity in the group becomes one of its greatest assets.
This course has four modules:
1. Creating participatory meetings: participation at its best, levels of involvement in decision making and facilitating brainstorming.
2. Planning agenda items: agenda design and creating facilitation plans to address each agenda item.
3. Designing meetings and events: keys to healthy communication, preparing for meetings and creating meeting designs.
4. Facilitating meetings: stages of the group's journey, social styles, the facilitator's role, dealing with difficult situations. Questions? Call or text Laurie at 815-970-2145
Participation and involvement
Designing meetings and events
Who Should Take This Course:
This course has been endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators (IAF) as part of the Professional Facilitator Program to lead you to become a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF). MTW alone covers many of the competencies required by the IAF.
Closest Hotel: Miami Dadeland Mariott, 9090 South Dadeland Blvd., Miami, FL 33156.
Airports: Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, FL
(90 minute drive from the beautiful Florida Keys or 15 minutes from South Beach)
Engaging participants is more than showing them a power point presentation or a basic flip chart.
Bring your meeting to life using color, graphics and visuals to engage the senses. You don't need to be an artist to create attractive graphics and visuals.
During this half day session, we will explore the following:
Description: Demonstrates proven ways to achieve group participation including effective conversations, gaining consensus and motivating action. Teaches the three ToP Facilitation Methodologies that are the basis for all other ToP Courses.
1. The ToP® Focused Conversation: provides a context for meaningful communication. It is used to facilitate group discussions, which allow members to share diverse perspectives in a productive and non-confrontational way.
2. The ToP® Consensus Workshop: facilitates group consensus-based decisions that respect the diversity of perspectives within the group inspire individual action and move the group toward joint resolve and action.
3. The ToP® Action Planning Process: is used to plan an event or project. This process clarifies and delineates the task and aligns the creativity, capabilities, interests, and resources of the group. The group decides necessary actions, roles, and responsibilities. The process builds trust, support enthusiasm, and consensus.
Length of Workshop: 2 days 8:30am - 5:00 pm
Trainers: Laurie Dougherty
Qualifies for CHES and MCHES Credits.
Qualifies for 14.5 CAE credits
Qualifies for 14.5 CM - Certified Planning Credits - American Planning Association
Closest Hotel: Hampton Inn - Closest to Universal, 5621 Windhover Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 Phone: 407-351-6716
Dougherty, Inc.2388 SE 17th Terr., Homestead, Fl 33035Phone: 888-400-1029 Email: Laurie@Dougherty-Inc.com